[asterisk-users] Force a new user to configure Comedian mail?

Jeremy Wadhams jwadhams at yahoo-inc.com
Fri Sep 14 15:38:23 CDT 2007

In Asterisk 1.4, is there any way to "force" new users to configure
their mailbox?  I'm thinking a simple IVR that holds a user's hand
through changing their PIN, recording their name, and setting up one or
both greetings, the very first time they use the account.

I know I can publish docs that tell them how to use the "0" menu and do
this by hand... but users are lazy and resent documentation.

Thanks!
Jeremy Wadhams
Yahoo Inc