[asterisk-users] AsteriskNOW + legacy PBX integration

Shina Owolabi shinacalypse at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 08:55:11 CDT 2007

Hi, I wonder if this question has been answered before, but im kind of
stuck..
I have been trying to setup AsteriskNOW with a Digium TDM844B card with
4FXS/4FXO modules.. trying to connect it with a Panasonic KT616 PABX.. this
has 6CO ports and 16 extensions. All the extensions are used up, the only
free ports are the CO ports which have never been used.
My layout is to connect PSTN connections to the 4FXO ports , and have the
4FXS ports connect to the Panasonic PABX. I wish to be able to have
asteriskNOW as the telephony gateway to the organization, from the PSTN
lines.
There is a remote office with about 5 users, i expect to be able to have
them use SIP phones, as the two offices are connected with a high bandwidth
radio connection.
I wish to be able to use asteriskNOW for interoffice calling, IVR, and call
hunting.
My confusion is how to setup the Panasonic PABX on asteriskNOW.. so that SIP
users can dial extensions on the Panasonic PABX, and the Panasonic
extensions can dial the SIP users in the remote office on AsteriskNOW.
How do i properly define the Panasonic,in asteriskNOW, so that this is
possible? Without breaking any configs? I tried adding new contexts to the
extensions.conf  but they were not recognized.. How do i properly edit the
existing dial plan to include my needs?
I also need to be able to achieve this fairly graphically so that if i need
to leave, the other designated IT guys or a member of staff can make changes
to the system without messing with configuration files, and it would be a
lot easier to support.

Im trying to convince the boss to invest in a channel bank, or astribank,
but im not having much luck as i have to justify the TDM844B or its my
salary :)

Can anyone advise? Thanks very much in advance

--
Shina Owolabi
2348034022578