[asterisk-users] DECT SIP phones

Dave Walker DaveWalker at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 13 19:43:48 CDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-13 at 18:05 -0600, Stephen Bosch wrote:
> Hi folks:
>
> I know it's come up a few times before, but I need some more detail.
>
> I'm looking for a SIP DECT (cordless) phone for North American
> installations. I've heard only of the Siemens Gigaset S450/C450 phones.
> Apparently these aren't sold for use in NAm, even though they're
> supposed to be legal (in the United States, anyway).
>
> On top of that, I understand they have some annoying issues anyway.

S450:
A recent firmware (few days old) upgrade seems to have solved the issue
of being able to transfer calls.  The handset still does not support
'Message Waiting Indicator", but does show missed calls.

I am using this model, the audio IMO is superb and would recommend it.

Failing that, there is the Aastra 480i-CT, (which is designed for the US
market), but this includes a normal deskphone.  If this as good as the
other Aastra products, then you can't go too far wrong.

Kind Regards,
Dave Walker