[asterisk-users] FreePBX (2.3) - Good? Bad? Ugly?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Sep 13 15:32:27 CDT 2007

I'm about to (finally) do my first Asterisk install; SMB, 4 FXO, 4-6
stations, mostly IP (I'm looking at the Grandstream 201, to start), and
maybe X-lite on a couple of laptops via VPN.

We've got a 4xFXO box we bought off eBay, which unfortunately I can't
find to quote a model number off of, but I *think* it's a Grandstream
as well.

I've looked at several of the packages that turn Asterisk from a PBX
construction kit into an *actual* PBX, and so far FreePBX looks like
the one that matches my mental model of a small phone system best.

Anyone have any first hand experiences with it that they'd like to
share?

Cheers,
-- jra