[asterisk-users] how to determine if a SIP extension has DND on or off

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 13 08:30:26 CDT 2007

I would like to determine through an AGI script if a
specific SIP extension has DND on or off.

I know that if the SIP client dialed *78 or *79 it is
usually enough to just do a:

database show dnd

to fetch the DND status from the database.

However, not all clients dial *78 or *79 (or whichever
feature code is defined for DND).

Some softphones such as SJPhone have a DND button.
When pressed and someone tries to Dial() that
extension, the Asterisk CLI shows something like this:

    -- Called SIP/4053
    -- Got SIP response 486 "Do Not Disturb" back from
10.215.144.48
    -- SIP/4053-08311988 is busy

So how could I get the "response code" *without*
actually dialing from within an AGI script? (I don't
want to establish a call, just want to see if the SIP
client replies with a DND response code)
Like a "ping" of some sort...

Vieri