[asterisk-users] Digium Appliance

David Boyd dboyd at ignitetrx.com
Wed Sep 12 17:04:33 CDT 2007

Hi Mat,
i have been working with the aa50 for a couple of weeks now.  They are
slick looking devices that still have a few bugs. I tried to use the
device like an end user without previous knowledge of Asterisk or the
asteriskGUI, and can say right off that a typical person will not be
able to use the device by gui only. The interface does not create all
entries required to configure either outbound routing or DID, outbound
caller id for either sip or IAX looks to the fullname field in the
users.conf file rather than CID entry.... They are working to correct
the issues, however as of yet no known release date for firmware fixes.
Having said that if you want to edit files via the gui by hand and make
appropriate changes then the device seems to work ok.  Did have an issue
where after reboot the system would register an IAX trunk with the
provider but outbound calls would fail until you kicked the system to
force a new registration.  A couple of times changes that were saved at
the home page failed to commit to the flash card, replaced the flash and
have not seen that issue again, but Little things that make me oogee
about putting into a customer location right now.

db