[asterisk-users] res_snmp

yonoko molomo yonokomolomo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 10:51:11 CDT 2007

Hi,

I have problems compiling asterisk 1.4.11 with res_snmp.
I do 'make menuselect', and I see that this resource module depends on netsnmp.
I am using centOS 4.5.
I do:
> yum install net-snmp net-snmp-devel net-snmp-utils net-snmp-libs
I don't know if i am missing something.

I go to the source directory and I do:
./configure

but still does not work:
> checking for curses.h... (cached) yes
> checking for net-snmp-config... /usr/bin/net-snmp-config
> checking for snmp_register_callback in -lnetsnmp... no

When i run 'make menuselect' I cannot get rid of the XXX, and i can't
select res_snmp.

I also tried to install net-snmp-perl package but it does not help. i
have no clue how to continue.

any ideas?
thanks