[asterisk-users] Astribank 32 and Far End Disconnection

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Sep 12 10:30:38 CDT 2007

On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 11:59:41AM -0300, Gleidson Antonio Henriques wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>    I'm interested in buy a Astribank-32 but i never heard about detection of
> far-end disconnection.
>    Does anyone have some experience about that functionality in this
> hardware ?
>    Thanks in Advance,

"Far end disconnection supervision". big words for a functionality you
would actually expect of an FXO adapter, I believe - to report to the
software driving it when nothing is connected to the port and hence no
use trying to make calls through that specific port.

"Battery" for the FXO means that it connected to an FXS on the oter side
(and hence gets "power" through the wire). The Astribank FXO module will
report the channel as in alarm to Asterisk and hence you will not be
able to make calls to it when nothing is connected there to take your
calls.

This means that you can configure asterisk to dial through Zap/g0 and
it would only call through FXO ports in group 0 which are actually
plugged. No need to reconfigure your PBX (and restarting Asterisk, or
changing your dialplan) just because you added / slightly-hanged an
analog trunk.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org