[asterisk-users] Direct dialing to correct extension from analog lines

Lars Bensmann lars at almosthappy.de
Wed Sep 12 09:55:39 CDT 2007

Hi,

I have a problem with people that are calling from analog lines.

We have a block of numbers 12345 - 0 to -99. Most calls are transmitting
the whole number including the extension. There's no problem with that.

But people calling from analog lines are connected to our asterisk box
as soon as they finish dialing 12345. They don't get a chance to dial an
extension.

Just inserting a WaitExten() does not help, as it does not get any
additional digits. I guess I would have to Answer() the call first, but I
really would like to avoid this as this might generate unnecessary costs
for the caller.

I used 'bri debug span', but I don't see any information coming in after
initiating the call to the base number.

I can set up an extension with the base number to dial a certain
extension, but then the extension the caller wants to dial is lost. If I
don't set up this extension the caller does not get through at all as
asterisk rejects the call. I tried setting autofallthrought=no, but it
didn't make a difference.

How do I tell asterisk to wait for the extension from the PSTN?

I'm using a Xorcom Astribank BRI 8-port with Asterisk
1.2.19-BRIstuffed-0.3.0-PRE-1y-e (from the Xorcom Debian repository).

Thanks in advance,
Lars

--
Those of you who think you know everything are annoying those of us
who do.