[asterisk-users] New Installed X100p

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Tue Sep 11 15:39:56 CDT 2007

Steve Totaro wrote:
> Matthew Fredrickson wrote:
>> Steve Totaro wrote:
>>> I have had Digium tech support tell me to do the same thing....
>> I'm hoping that wasn't the final conclusion in the tech support
>> debugging process.  If it was, than I am very sorry to hear that, and
>> will make note of it.
>>

> Thanks, yes, that was the final resolution.  I have also heard "That
> motherboard or that server is not supported".
>
> Again, this was quite some time ago and Digium has changed as a company
> as well as the product line, the whole entity has matured.  Might be a
> non-issue now.

I would hope so too as well.  We're working to change a lot of things
that have caused us problems in the past.  Part of that problem was
learning to deal with a tremendous amount of growth in a short period of
time, which I would imagine is difficult for any small company.

> Let me ask you this, is using a T1 card for ISDN data "supported" now?

I believe it should be working well now, a while ago I spent a bit of
time making sure the zaptel portion of it functionally didn't have any
problems across a range of kernels.

I know that one of the reasons why that support did not "support" that
was (IIRC) it sometimes involved recompiling a systems kernel, or
upgrading a systems kernel, which is not an insignificant thing to do
for a customer.

Though I have not had to look at it in a while, I believe that at the
very least it could be easier now, with the packaging of some of the
hdlc utils in zaptel so that it works correctly across kernel versions.

> That one irked me since it was a selling point, but when calling for
> support I was told, "It can do it but it is not supported." and info on
> the net was VERY sparse for accomplishing this (circa 2003)

Sorry again about you trouble with that.  I hope that somehow we can
"win you back" :-)

> Thanks,
> Steve Totaro

Matthew Fredrickson