[asterisk-users] Another State Of The Punctuation Mark question - Vonage

Jeff Bachtel jeff at cepheid.org
Tue Sep 11 14:40:57 CDT 2007

On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 08:56:53AM -0400, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> There was a flurry of "Vonage is going to unlock SIP" activity last
> year; did anything productive ever come of it?
>
> Are *you* using your Vonage lines directly into Asterisk?
>
> In lieu of that, for a 4 line small business that doesn't need to pay
> Vonage $150 a month, who?  Broadvoice?  Someone else?
>
> I'm a touch unimpressed with the fact that BV's website *won't quote
> you BYOD pricing* until you actually place the damn order -- or so it
> appears to my eyes.

Broadvoice can't handle multiple lines being billed to the same
account and using the same SIP credentials, which is probably not too
large a deal for a 4 line install, but would quickly become
unmanageable for anything larger.

jeff

--
Jeff Bachtel  (root at VPR,TAMU)     http://www.cepheid.org/~jeff