[asterisk-users] stop log/debug messages into /var/log/messages

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 11 13:02:30 CDT 2007

Hi Benjamin;

I am also interested in the same issue, but I would
like to know how you can know where these logs are
stored (in which file and path)?

I readed that syslog, can you please help me about
that?

Regards
Bilal Ghayad
Mobile: 00965 9849460

-----------
>When you access the A*k console, is this via a tty
connection
>(ssh/telnet), or actually on the physical console of
the server?

>I don't think it's A*k that's directly logging to the
console - the
>config doesn't show that... I'm guessing, that you're
accessing A*k
 via
>the local terminal, and that your syslog config for
the server is
>configured to log this to messsages.... Maybe..

hmmm. interesting. need to investigate syslog now.
Even me thinks, as
far as I've read(abt logger and the existing
configuration), it
shouldn't be writing to any syslogs.
btw, am accessing the * console via ssh.

thanks for ur help.

- Benjamin Jacob.