[asterisk-users] Flash IDE

Stelios Koroneos skoroneos at digital-opsis.com
Tue Sep 11 12:34:47 CDT 2007

CF flash deviced work fine provided that

a) The CF has a wear leveling controller inside (not all do, especially the
cheap ones) so even a ext2 filesystem wan't create problems
b) You use a distro with read only (or partial write) filesystem .i.e logs
to ram or remote server etc

Other than that we have deployed a very large number of devices with
embedded linux in a CF (not all of them asterisk) with minimal problems

Stelios S. Koroneos

Digital OPSiS - Embedded Intelligence
http://www.digital-opsis.com