[asterisk-users] Prevent multiple sip registrations

Atis atis at BEST.eu.org
Tue Sep 11 09:33:45 CDT 2007

On 9/11/07, Rizwan Hisham <rizwanhasham at gmail.com> wrote:
> The whole point of doing this is because if the user gives away his
> username/password to his friends or relative and allows them to use his
> account, that way we r gona have a lot more traffic in our asterisk server.
> Also we charge our users a fix amount of money every month for their account
> so if any user gives out his username and password then his account is more
> likely to do 2 to 3 times the calls as compared to aan account which is used
> by only one user. So ultimately we lose money.

Ok, i think the way i described few mails ago would certainly do that.
You can customize DB triggers as much as you want.. So, just look into
realtime and mysql triggers. Just probably you would need to reset
them once per certain interval (if you want to allow your users to
change IP once per day or something like that)

Regards,
Atis