[asterisk-users] canreinvite

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 11 09:13:42 CDT 2007

Dear C F;
So in that case, if I placed canrenvite=yes for both
endpoint, it is not condition that traffic will be
directly via the endpoint while signaling via Asterisk
as still Asterisk should detect whethor it is
necessary to stay in the path or not? Please advise.

How can I know that the traffic went directly between
the endpoints and did not go via the asterisk?

Regards
Bilal Ghayad
Mobile: 009659849460

-----------------
By default assuming you have no global setting
otherwise, if asterisk
doesnt see a need to stay in the path then it wont.
hence if it has to
transcode between different codecs, capture DTMF or
different
protocols it will stay in the path.

On 9/9/07, bilal ghayyad <bilmar_gh at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi List;
>
> If I need traffic to be directly between the
> endpoints, then I have to set the canreinvite = yes?
>
> If I did not configure the canrenvite at all, then
by
> default it will pass the traffic via Asterisk and
not