[asterisk-users] Cisco UC 500

Drew Gibson drew at oanda.com
Mon Sep 10 15:22:22 CDT 2007

Jeremy Mann wrote:

> Is the Cisco UC 500 able to integrate with Asterisk?  Specifically
> does it work via SIP?  Just curious, as the Cold Call Cisco sales rep
> had no clue what SIP even was, and this device looks interesting.

Google "cisco UC500", hit #2 =
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps7293/products_data_sheet0900aecd8061fb06.html

Quotes:

"Core components of the Cisco Unified Communications 500 Series
include:    Cisco Unified IP phones, including wireless handsets and
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) phones"

"PSTN interfaces and features:      SIP trunks and RFC 2833 support"

Does that help?

I'll bet Asterisk is cheaper though. :-)

regards,

Drew

--
Drew Gibson