[asterisk-users] Failover SIP logic

Jeremy Mann jmann at txhmg.com
Mon Sep 10 11:19:10 CDT 2007

Asterisk 1.4.11

Sorry, meant to include that

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com [mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Andrea Spadaccini
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2007 10:59 AM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Failover SIP logic

Ciao Jeremy,

> I need some extensions logic assistance, I'm trying to dial out one of
> multiple SIP trunks, in sequence.  I need to detect a busy SIP trunk(I only
> allow 1 call per trunk) and roll over to a second or third depending on that
> busy status
>
> Here's what I've got for a macro thusfar, but it's not working(fails if the
> 1st trunk is busy) extensions.conf:
>
> [globals]
> trunk_1 => SIP/trunk1
> trunk_2 => SIP/trunk2
> trunk_3 => SIP/trunk3
>
> [macro-trunkdial]
> exten => s,1,Dial(${trunk_1}/${ARG1})
> exten => s,2,Hangup()
> exten => s,102,Dial(${trunk_2}/${ARG1})
> exten => s,103,Hangup()
> exten => s,203,Dial(${trunk_3}/${ARG1})
> exten => s,204,Hangup()

Which asterisk version are you using?
IIRC, priority jumping (ie. going to n+101) was disabled by default in some
1.2.x version. You should rely on DIALSTATUS. See Dial() page in voip-info.org.

HTH,

This e-mail, facsimile, or letter and any files or attachments transmitted with it contains information that is confidential and privileged. This information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) and entity(ies) to whom it is addressed. If you are the intended recipient, further disclosures are prohibited without proper authorization. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, printing, or use of this information is strictly prohibited and possibly a violation of federal or state law and regulations. If you have received this information in error, please notify Texas Health Management Group immediately at 1-817-310-4999. Texas Health Management Group, its subsidiaries, and affiliates hereby claim all applicable privileges related to this information.

believed to be clean.