[asterisk-users] Register Extension

Tim Panton thp at westhawk.co.uk
Mon Sep 10 10:21:57 CDT 2007

On 7 Sep 2007, at 17:56, phananhvu wrote:

> I means i want to use a software library to write a program that
> register an extension to Asterisk system. After that, i can bind my
> IP Phone to that extension.
> I wonder if Asterisk-Java can deal with this ??

Ah, you mean create an extension that a phone can register with ?
Last time I looked, the answer is no, Asterisk-java doesn't help you
create entries in extensions.conf or sip.conf .

The way I've done this in java is to map sip.conf (In my case iax.conf)
to a database table (see extconfig.conf). Then have your java write
to that database table using JDBC. After some trouble I even got it
working with Oracle.

Tim.