[asterisk-users] DTMF bug in dsp.c and 1.4.11

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Mon Sep 10 07:30:24 CDT 2007

In article <46E44AF5.6030000 at pagestation.com>,
Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com> wrote:
> I was wondering if this bug: http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=10535
> would affect a PRI connection.
>
> I seem to be dropping DTMF digits on the PRI.
> The company says they have test the line and they way the PRI is fine
> as far as they are concerned.
>
> So will this bug and patch help me? I am running 1.4.11

Yes, that bug was submitted by me, and it was a PRI on which I was having
the problems.

If there is a slight bounce on the leading edge of a digit, then it can
easily be dropped altogether by Asterisk. The patch fixes that, and also
adds debouncing of the trailing edge (else a trailing bounce might give
a double-digit).

Give it a try - I expect it will help a lot.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield