[asterisk-users] Strange Behaviour

Anselm Martin Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Mon Sep 10 00:54:12 CDT 2007

Am Montag, den 10.09.2007, 05:14 +0200 schrieb Il Neofita:
> On 9/9/07, Anselm Martin Hoffmeister <anselm at hoffmeister-online.de>
> wrote:
>         Am Sonntag, den 09.09.2007, 20:16 +0200 schrieb Il Neofita:
>
>         Well, it seems there are differences between those accounts
>         then.
>
>         You might want to post your sip.conf, and -if that is
>         possible- the ATA
>         conf file; or at least a writedown of the configuration there.
>
> First of all, thank you for you reply
> The ATA is the Fritz!Box and I tried with different FW version but I
> have the same behaviour

I have been using FritzBoxes for quite a while, and have not found such
strange bugs - except after a Firmware Upgrade. It seems after some
upgrades you need to do a "factory reset" (via the web interface) and
enter your data again, else they behave stupidly.

> this is part of the sip.conf
> [180]
> type=peer
> username=180
> secret=aaaaaa
> callerid=First<180>
> canreinvite = yes
> host = dynamic
> dtmfmode = rfc2833
> qualify = yes
> nat = yes
> context = mycont
> disallow = all
> allow = g726
> allow = g723
> allow = ulaw
> allow = alaw
> allow = g729
> allow = gsm
>
> [181]
> type=peer
> username=181
> secret=bbbbbb
> callerid=Second<181>
> canreinvite = yes
> host = dynamic
> dtmfmode = rfc2833
> qualify = yes
> nat = yes
> context = mycont
> disallow = all
> allow = g726
> allow = g723
> allow = ulaw
> allow = alaw
> allow = g729
> allow = gsm

Looks pretty OK to me. Just a stupid idea: Do you have a [general]
section before those two?

And then, I use type=friend, not type=peer, that _might_ make a
difference in how asterisk matches sip.conf contexts to registered
clients.

8<==== From my sip.conf:
[sip501]
mailbox=01
callerid=501
type=friend
username=sip501
secret=lk1j2eu89
context=sipclient
host=dynamic
nat=yes
disallow=all
allow=alaw
allow=gsm
allow=ulaw

[sip502]
mailbox=02
callerid=502
type=friend
username=sip502
secret=1092jd0
context=sipclient
host=dynamic
nat=yes
disallow=all
allow=alaw
allow=gsm
allow=ulaw
=====>8

Note: Those two accounts belong to the same FritzBox.

> I tried to switch the account for the two ports but what it is
> important is only the order in the sip.conf

That made me think about that friend/peer thingy.

> I found some information in german and I do not know it

The FritzBoxes are popular here in Germany - no wonder, being a German
manufactured product and being given away for (nearly) free with any
2-year DSL contract... I like them nevertheless :)

BR, HTH

Anselm