[asterisk-users] SIP endpoint that does not register

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 9 17:35:28 CDT 2007

Hi List;

Did any one see a SIP endpoint that can work without
need to do registeration on the gatekeeper side? If
this SIP endpoint existed, then I can configure the
host=static, but I am not able to find any SIP
endpoint accept to not register (all sip endpoints
request to register), but most of H.323 endpoints are
working without need to registeration (it is called
direct mode).

Any one can help and advise if he know any SIP
endpoint that does not request a SIP registeraion o I
can configure the host=static?

Also, configuring the host=static is something
different than configuring host=192.168.8.2 (formate:
host=ip), correct?

Any help?

Regards
Bilal Ghayad