[asterisk-users] queue static agents

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 9 10:06:50 CDT 2007

--- Mark Michelson <mmichelson at digium.com> wrote:

> Vieri wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I setup a queue (number 4050) with one static
> agent
> > (extension 4054).
> >
> > What I would like is that when someone calls the
> 4050
> > queue and there are neither "dynamic" agents
> logged in
> > nor is the static agent 4054 "on-line" then the
> caller
> > gets out of the queue and falls into another
> context
> > (eg. voicemail or anything). Not "on-line" means
> that
> > either the SIP extension 4054 has not registered
> with
> > Asterisk or has activated DND.
> >
> There is another option for joinempty that might
> help you out. The
> "strict" option will not allow a caller to join the
> queue if agents are
> either not logged in, or are logged in but
> unavailable. The "no" option
> will only not allow a caller to enter if there are
> no agents logged in.

Thanks Mark.

Unfortunately, "strict" alone doesn't work with static
agents unless I add the extensions to the queue
programmatically (with the use of
{Add,Remove}QueueMember).
I could call the AddQueueMember function **each time**
someone calls the queue number but wouldn't that be
"excess" work on behalf of Asterisk?

Suggestions appreciated.

Vieri