[asterisk-users] SIP Debugging to separate log file

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 9 04:10:23 CDT 2007

Dear Jared;

I would like to ask if there is a method to let the
output of "set sip debug ip" to be sent for a file?

Regards
Bilal

> Hello, I'm working with our SIP provider to nail
down some call
 quality issues
> we're having, and they've asked me to provide SIP
debug log files
 from our
> asterisk server. Is there a way to make asterisk 1.4
output only SIP
> debugging to a specific log file? Or it is best just
to use tcpdump?

I always find it easier to extract the SIP messaging
traffic by using
tcpdump or ngrep.  If you use tcpdump, you can always
pass the traffic
through ngrep later, as well as passing it through
Wireshark to get the
pretty SIP traffic graphs, etc.

--
Jared Smith