[asterisk-users] New Installed X100p

Steve Totaro stotaro at first-notification.com
Sat Sep 8 11:01:27 CDT 2007

G B wrote:

> > Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 07:13:38 -0400
> > From: stotaro at first-notification.com
> > To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
> > Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] New Installed X100p
> >
> > G B wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I just installed an X100p knockoff (OpenVox a100lp). I have seen my
> > > errors in the mailing list but without resolution. It seems that the
> > > other problems had to do with IRQ sharing. However, it doesn't seem
> > > like the X100p is sharing an IRQ channel with anything. Any ideas?

<snip>

> > Does OpenVox not provide support for their hardware?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Steve
>

> I purchased the card from a third party reseller. I am also contacting
> them for support. I'll send out an email if they have the solution.

Yeah give them a try.  I wouldn't even mention that you bought it from a
3rd party.  Just play dumb.

I am the last one to pickup a manual or call tech support but yesterday
I was working on a very large industrial ShopBot (It is a robot so that
is cool and it does really awesome things but why I was working on it
don't ask.. http://www.shopbottools.com/applications.htm )  After trying
a million things, briefly looking at the manual, I called the tech
support line.  The guy had me check two things, change one thing and
everything was joyful.  Had I done that from the start, I would have
saved three or four hours (I bill by the hour so it's not so bad, but I
couldn't bill the full rate since conscience told me not to)

Thanks,
Steve Totaro