[asterisk-users] SIP INFO request in asterisk

Irakli Natsvlishvili iraklin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 18:41:57 CDT 2007

Hello everybody,

Do I understand correctly that Asterisk does not support sending INFO request?

Here is the goal I want to accomplish and I'd be happy to hear how can
it be done with asterisk. Asterisk needs to dial out and after
successful call establishment it needs to send in-dialog INFO request
to the callee and wait after that for another INFO message coming from
callee.

So call flow looks like the following:

Asterisk -->INVITE--->Callee
Asterisk<--200/OK<---Callee
Asterisk-->ACK--->Callee

after asterisk sends ACK it waits for several seconds and sends INFO message

Asterisk-->INFO--->Callee
Asterisk<--200/OK<---Callee

after receiving 200/OK callee sends INFO message and terminates the call

Asterisk<---INFO<---Callee
Asterisk--->200/OK--->Callee
Asterisk--->BYE--->Callee
Asterisk<---200/OK<---Callee

Now, I want not only that Asterisk sending INFO message, I want INFO
message to be constructed on a particularly way: INFO message has a
body and Asterisk needs to put in that body value of Tag of To: header
from 200/OK received from Callee.

Any idea how to accomplish this?

Thanks.
--i.n.