[asterisk-users] Asterisk + Realtime + Manager reload = crash

Atis atis at BEST.eu.org
Fri Sep 7 13:04:45 CDT 2007

On 9/7/07, Carlos Chavez <cursor at telecomabmex.com> wrote:
>         I have several installations of Asterisk (several versions) where we
> have our own web interface that uses Mysql and Realtime.  When we do
> modifications to Mysql we use a Manager connection in order to reload
> the configuration (we use Realtime static for extensions) sometimes
> Asterisk will crash.  Not every time and not every X times we reload.
> Sometimes it takes ten reloads and other just one before it crashes.  I
> use a simple function in php to do the reload:

Why don't you move to "real" realtime.. IMHO it doesn't take so much
resources, as mysql is fast, especially if you have predictable
queries for which you can create indexes.. It's almost as reading from
memory.

Regards,
Atis

--