[asterisk-users] Cascading queues & calls not joining unavailable queues.

Atis atis at BEST.eu.org
Fri Sep 7 12:13:23 CDT 2007

On 9/7/07, James FitzGibbon <james.fitzgibbon at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/7/07, Atis <atis at best.eu.org> wrote:
> > Well, for that case i have a   RemoveQueueMember() after Dial, in case
> > of ${DIALSTATUS}!="ANSWERED". That works great, except for agent
> > complaints - that they are logged out from queue :D Would be a bit
> > better to be able to set agent's status to "Unavailable".
> >

> This only works if you're using Local channels to bridge calls to agents.
>
> It doesn't work if you're using AddQueueMember with SIP channels, because
> the Dial() is implicit, so you have no control over what happens after that
> implicit Dial() finishes.

Nop, it works for Dial to SIP channels, if you set "g" option in Dial.

> And yes, I have good reason for using SIP channels.  We have externally
> driven automatic pausing (because the built-in wrapuptime is per-queue and
> therefore broken for any agent who is assigned to more than one queue), and
> neither form of Local (with or without /n) perform properly under this
> configuration.

This is something new for me. Are you sure about this? Isn't
wrapuptime taking in account agent state change? Because then, it's
really bad for direct calls (for me it's rare that agent have several
queues).

> It would be great if you could define arbitrary states in queues.conf, then
> have dialplan logic to set an agent to given state.  If you could indicate
> in the definition what things a state means (able to take a call, counted as
> part of ${QUEUE_MEMBER_COUNT()}, etc. that would truly be useful.

I think, it's too much complexity.. Do you need more statuses than
Unavailable, Pause or Busy. Combined with processing failed Dial(s) it
should be ok.

Regards,
Atis

--