[asterisk-users] Cascading queues & calls not joining unavailable queues.

Atis atis at BEST.eu.org
Fri Sep 7 11:20:47 CDT 2007

On 9/7/07, James FitzGibbon <james.fitzgibbon at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's also important to distinguish between DND-style busy (where in the case
> of SIP the INVITE is rejected with a "480 temporarily unavailable") and the
> internal channel state AST_CONTROL_BUSY.  For SIP, the latter occurs when
> the use count exceeds the configured call-limit, and results in no INVITE
> being sent.  The two also have drastically different behaviours when you
> have members with penalties.
>
> Assume we have five agents with penalty zero (A-E) and five agents with
> penalty 1 (F-J). Assume also that 'ringinuse=no' is set for the queue.  If
> A-D are "in use" and E is "available" but their phone is set to DND, then
> app_queue will continually attempt to dequeue to agent E, never trying
> agents F-J.  If E is busy because they have a call-limit of 2 and they have
> two calls active, then app_queue will attempt to dequeue to agents F-J.
>
> This has been a source of confusion for my users on several occasions.  IMO,
> It also puts an unrealistic burden on agents to always put themselves on
> pause before they walk away from their desk, and since agents are human and
> sometimes forget to do this, prevents me from using agent penalties
> extensively.  I just can't explain to non-technical people why one phone
> keeps ringing while five other agents sit idle.  It makes no sense to them.

Well, for that case i have a   RemoveQueueMember() after Dial, in case
of ${DIALSTATUS}!="ANSWERED". That works great, except for agent
complaints - that they are logged out from queue :D Would be a bit
better to be able to set agent's status to "Unavailable".

Regards,
Atis

--
Atis Lezdins,