[asterisk-users] Show Callee name on Display

Peder @ NetworkOblivion peder at networkoblivion.com
Fri Sep 7 10:52:02 CDT 2007

We have users with Cisco 7900 phones running sip.  When user A calls
user B, we want user B's name to appear on user A's phone.  It shows the
extension they call, but not the internal name of the called user.  Is
this possible?  We have some people that used to be on an MGCP based
system and they would get the callee's name popup on their phone when
they called someone.  I can't figure out if it is possible or if it is
just a limitation of the Cisco SIP firmware.

Just to clarify with an example:

1 - Steve
2 - David

David calls ext 1.  Right now it says "calling 1".  We want it to say
"calling Steve 1".

Peder