[asterisk-users] queue static agents

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 7 08:08:41 CDT 2007

Hi,

I setup a queue (number 4050) with one static agent
(extension 4054).

What I would like is that when someone calls the 4050
queue and there are neither "dynamic" agents logged in
nor is the static agent 4054 "on-line" then the caller
gets out of the queue and falls into another context
(eg. voicemail or anything). Not "on-line" means that
either the SIP extension 4054 has not registered with
Asterisk or has activated DND.

I thought that the options joinempty=no and
leavewhenempty=yes would take care of that but if SIP
user 4054 has either DND on or is not registered at
all then when someone calls the 4050 queue, the caller
goes into the queue, hears MOH and the announcement
saying that he/she is in first "position".
Why isn't "the queue" detecting that the static agent
4054 is actually not there?
Is this behavior normal?

queues.conf:

[4050]
announce-frequency=15
periodic-announce-frequency=0
queue-callswaiting=queue-callswaiting
queue-thankyou=queue-thankyou
queue-thereare=queue-thereare
queue-youarenext=queue-youarenext
retry=5
strategy=ringall
timeout=15
periodic-announce=
monitor-join=yes
monitor-format=
announce-holdtime=yes
context=
eventmemberstatus=no
eventwhencalled=no
joinempty=no
leavewhenempty=yes
maxlen=0
member=Local/4054 at from-internal/n,0  ; set by freepbx
wrapuptime=0

extensions.conf:

exten => 4050,n,Queue(4050,t,,)