[asterisk-users] Random Double Digits

Daniel Hazelbaker daniel at highdesertchurch.com
Thu Sep 6 15:15:09 CDT 2007

	We have a Asterisk box acting as a voicemail system and greeting/
call director for our phone system (NEC system).  The problem we are
having is that randomly (though most especially with cell phones)
asterisk thinks it is getting a double digit.  For example, somebody
will enter "269" and asterisk will read "2269".  I believe the core
problem is the NEC system's volume as we've had problem with volumes
for over a year, but short term I would like to find a solution while
we try to solve the cause.

	Is there a way to tweak the zaptel settings so that Asterisk (or
zaptel or whatever) better handles our situation?  I realize there is
probably not a single switch to turn on and I might have to do trial
and error stuff, but we are willing to spend some time tweaking to
find the best solution.  My theory (though hard to prove since it is
a random problem) is that the doubled-digit is being detected twice
due to a "drop out" in either volume or (in the case of a cell-phone)
poor connection.

	I have to this point never seen unexpected digits (somebody dials
269 and it read 249 or something like that), but we have seen both
double-digits and missing digits (they dial 269 and it only reads one
of the digits).

Daniel