[asterisk-users] Inbound SIP issues

Jeremy Mann jmann at txhmg.com
Thu Sep 6 14:44:03 CDT 2007

I have an issue with receiving inbound calls.

I've got bandwidth.com trunks incoming to my asterisk box, bandwidth sends all incoming traffic to one of two IP addresses, and requires outbound traffic go to either of the same two IP addresses.

I've got to use fromuser=<DID> on outgoing calls so they apply the right caller ID.  My issue is that I want incoming calls to match on a specific sip.conf entry, but they are matching on my outgoing entries and dropping(I don't have context associated with them).

Here's relevant sip.conf entries
--

[bandwidth_inbound_1]
host=4.79.212.236

[bandwidth_inbound_2]
host=216.82.224.202
port=5060
type=peer
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
dtmfmode=rfc2833
canreinvite=no
nat=no
context=frombandwidth

[bandwidth_outbound_did1]
host=4.79.212.236
port=5060
type=peer
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
dtmfmode=rfc2833
canreinvite=no
reinvite=no
nat=no
fromuser=<did1>

If calls come in from 4.79.212.236 they are immediately matched to context [bandwidth_outbound_did1]
If I put the inbound contexts under the outbound in sip.conf they work, is that the design intention of sip.conf?

Bandwidth doesn't require or accept register statements, so I can't use that to send calls to specific extensions.

Is there any easier logic to attach my fromuser when I have multiple DIDs?  Ideally I'd love 2 entries for them total.

I'm running asterisk 1.4.11 if it helps.

This e-mail, facsimile, or letter and any files or attachments transmitted with it contains information that is confidential and privileged. This information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) and entity(ies) to whom it is addressed. If you are the intended recipient, further disclosures are prohibited without proper authorization. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, printing, or use of this information is strictly prohibited and possibly a violation of federal or state law and regulations. If you have received this information in error, please notify Texas Health Management Group immediately at 1-817-310-4999. Texas Health Management Group, its subsidiaries, and affiliates hereby claim all applicable privileges related to this information.

believed to be clean.