[asterisk-users] Build your own "appliance" concept

Jeremy P jpasterisk at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 14:05:28 CDT 2007

I've been working on this the past few days and thought I would put it out
there to see if anyone else has interest in it.  It really has nothing to do
with the Digium appliance, I've just been looking for some mass produced
solid state hardware to run small branch offices off of for awhile now and I
think I've finally landed on something I like.

Basically I've taken an HP thin client workstation which is all solid state
and loaded Debian and Asterisk on it (well, Asterisk-GUI too, but just to
prove I could make it "appliance-worthy").  I'd be interested in any
feedback on how to improve it, specifically on how to make Debian and
Asterisk take up less space so I could buy the model that only has 512 MB of
flash rather than 1 GB.

Here's the link. http://tinyurl.com/2hf2cu  Let me know what you think.

Jeremy