[asterisk-users] Multitenant or Multiple virtual machines

Senad Jordanovic senad at bicom.us
Thu Sep 6 10:38:40 CDT 2007

Any opinions/comments/recommendations? Before anyone recommends just
> buying the virtual PBX service from someone else, we _really_ want to
> do this in-house :)

I am all for using VPS (virtual private servers) instead of the "classic"
multitenant.

Here are some reasons:

- a VPS provides a Linux environment to each client. This is a big plus for
some clients knowing they are not "boxed"

- Any custom development, new features can be easily applied to individual
clients VPSes without destroying/affecting other clients. Remember, these
clients must have their phone lines up in order to trade :)

- Firmware updates, bug fixes failures etc, will not affect other tenants.

- I can move clients VPS to another server, another data centre across the
world if necessary with a couple commands.

- One can allocate specific resources to each tenant. This is very important
for call centres for example.

All of the above, and a lot more commercial reasons have made me think of
developing administration high availability solution for VPSes which we and
our customers use extensively.

Thanks

Senad
www.bicomsystems.com