[asterisk-users] special kind of billing

Andrew Joakimsen joakimsen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 16:10:35 CDT 2007

On 9/5/07, Kate Kretz <kate.kretz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Sirs,
>
> we ...
>

> 1) buy minutes from other providers
> 2) sell minutes to out clients
>
> some calls terminate to our equipment, others - to h323 proxies.
> we want calls to be routed according to costs (a route is chosen from many
> by lowest cost).
>
> at the end of it, we'd like to bill our clients and see how much have we
> earned (money we receive from client on one side, money we pay to
> proxies on other side).
>

> is there any billing for asterisk which can do that ?

Honestly.... I've looked and I've looked and I've looked. There IS NO
out-of-the-box, compatible with Asterisk solution that does any sort
of billing & provisioning for a reasonable price. None.

However you can find 90% of the functions you need -- call rating &
least cost routing as free open source and have your programmer write
the glue you need.

Take a look at the voip-info.org site and also google.com.

You'll probably also get some emails from a few people offering you
solutions starting around 20K. The Didx people sell their billing
solution for something like USD 50K, if not more.... I dont recall the
exact number but it was way overpriced they can barely write a user
friendly UI honestly. If you are willing to spend this much, evaluate
with great care and make sure you get a written warranty which
explicitly spells out the feature set you are expecting!

DO NOT purchase anything from "AgileCO" or "AgileBill" they are a scam
we paid them almost $10,000 and their product is crap and NOONE will
answer your phone calls, much less email messages.