[asterisk-users] TDM400P (TDM22P) and aux power.

Jason Parker jparker at digium.com
Wed Sep 5 09:56:00 CDT 2007

Joe Acquisto wrote:
> I need to ask, to refresh, is the aux power connector on the TDM400P card *only* to power the ringer on any
> analog phones/devices on the system?
>
> Can I still use this board, to "terminate" POTS lines and use all SIP Phones?
>
> Due to circumstances, I end up with a 1u server that has no aux power connectors available.  I "have to" use this server, so am considering abandoning the analog phones and using all SIP.
>
> IIRC, the aux power *is* only to power ringers.
>
> joe a.

Correct, it is to provide the ringing voltage on the FXS modules.  For systems
without internal molex connectors available, there is another option.  Digium
has created an externally powered supply that can be used with these cards.

http://www.digium.com/en/products/hardware/analogpwr.php

--
Jason Parker
Digium