[asterisk-users] How to make call from asterisk?

Devraj Mukherjee devraj at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 01:14:36 CDT 2007

Hi Neoh,

All you have to do is configure your VoIp provider as another SIP
extension on your Asterisk server and then use extensions.conf to set
dialout rules, so when you do dial a number your asterisk server
forwards it to the VoIp provider.

Examples of extensions.conf can be found at

http://www.asteriskguru.com/tutorials/extensions_conf.html
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+config+extensions.conf

I can send you my extensions.conf if you want a working example. I do
something very similar with a VoIP provider that provides an SIP
interface.

Hope this helps.