[asterisk-users] Asterisk w/MS SQL Server 2005

Larry Costigan larry.costigan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 11:49:02 CDT 2007

I've got an Asterisk switch that is going to run an IVR menu with a database
interface that will be doing lookups based on the user entered data and then
reading back strings with the appropriate data integrated into the text.  I
have found quite a bit of data on using MySQL as a database with Asterisk,
but I haven't found much about using MS SQL Server with Asterisk...

We have a SQL Server 2005 database server that has all the data that is
needed for the IVR interface, and it would be great if we could interface
directly with it using Asterisk.  Does anyone have any suggestions on even
attepting this?

Another option might be to setup Asterisk to interface with MySQL and then
work out the details of exchanging data between MySQL and SQL Server...

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!

-Larry