[asterisk-users] off-hook warning tone

Robert Lister robl at linx.net
Tue Sep 4 06:54:55 CDT 2007

On Sun, Sep 02, 2007 at 05:15:41PM -0500, Anthony Messina wrote:
> is asterisk capable of generating the off-hook warning tone for the us?
>
> 1400+2060+2450+2600/100,0/100
>
> i have placed it into indications.conf, but all i get is one high-pitched
> screech instead of alternating tones.

I am thinking this might be handset specific thing, as unless you dial
something the call is not going to be placed to asterisk yet, unless you can
somehow first Answer() the call after some timeout (i.e, if the handset has
a hotline extn config to dial after N seconds of no digits being dialed -
some handsets support that functionality)

Rob

--
Robert Lister     - London Internet Exchange - http://www.linx.net/
sip:robl at linx.net - inoc-dba:5459*710        - tel: +44 (0)20 7645 3510