[asterisk-users] Cisco 7960 or 7960G

Chris Bagnall lists at minotaur.cc
Sun Sep 2 09:47:45 CDT 2007

There's both a 7960 and a 7960G (and a 7961 to confuse matters further).

The 7960 is the earlier version. The easiest way to identify it from a picture is to look at the messages/services/etc. buttons. On the 7960 the words "messages" and "services" are written on them. On the G, there's an envelope and a globe on the buttons themselves, and the words "messages" and "services" are provided on a surround sticker (one assumes to make internationalization easier).

Apart from the minor cosmetic differences, I don't know if there are any actual feature differences between them. I've one of each here and I've yet to find any worthwhile feature differences.

Regards,

Chris
For full contact details visit http://www.minotaur.it