[asterisk-users] (no subject)

Drew Gibson drew at oanda.com
Wed Oct 31 11:06:19 CDT 2007

lists at infoway.net wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We have a client that needs to setup about 80 desk phones (about 50
> in one location and about another 30 in 5 different locations). Which
> brand/model would you recommend. We were personally thinking in
> recommending either Cisco, Aastra, Polycom, or Snom, for we've heard
> great things about them. However, having no real experience with them
> makes it hard in recommending one to our customer. The only
> experience we've had is a very frustrating one trying to load the IP
> software on a Cisco 7970G and so we assume that if we have to go
> through that for all 80 phones, we'll probably commit suicide :)
>
> Thanks

We have used Cisco and Aastra, can't comment on Polycom or Snom.

I cannot recommend Cisco, good sound quality but that's it. Ridiculously
overpriced, too few usable features, incredibly awkward to manage.
Aastra have good sound quality, reasonable price, configs are plain text
and not to hard to work with. We have the 9133i as our basic phone and
480i in the Call Centre for the soft buttons. Both can be fed from the
same config templates.
We used to use Grandstream but quality and support issues have driven us
away.

regards,

Drew

--