[asterisk-users] Digium Vs sangoma Hradware

Michelle Dupuis support at ocg.ca
Tue Oct 30 20:46:32 CDT 2007

Well, I'll bite and get the war going.

I'm putting in my first Sangoma card at the moment...so I have some current
experience.

The card installs great.  Hardware compatibility is good (tried in a few
machines).  Documentation on website is weak.

Tech support...mixed.  I spent a lot of time online with tech support.  They
answer promptly, and are happy to help.  The big but...they don't help get
it working in Asterisk (they stop at "the connection is active and up").  In
my case I was encountering PRI IE /protocol problems (facility), and wasted
a couple of days.  Tech support directed my to the asterisk support group...

On a previous occasion we put a Digium T1 card in.  We did have problem with
bootup in a Dell - but we had alternate hardware.  On the upside, tech
support help us get Asterisk working with the card (front to back).  We had
some strange protocol problems talking to the PBX, and digium helped us make
Asterisk work (even though the problem was technically not the card).

So...I suppose it depends.