[asterisk-users] Size of Exten when using IAX

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Tue Oct 30 09:41:16 CDT 2007

On Tuesday 30 October 2007 08:40:51 Arjan Kroon | Mobillion wrote:
> We are use IAX protocol between two asterisk servers.
>
> Now we send information through this protocol by using EXTEN
>

> We see that the variable EXTEN only holds 66 characters.
>
> If we set a value larger then 66 characters, for example 70 characters.
>
> The last 4 characters are cut off.
>

> Is there a way to increase this variable?

You're going to have to provide more information for us to help you.
There are numerous places where the extension string could be getting
truncated, so you'll have to look some more:

1) On the console, with verbose set to 3 or higher, when the dialplan is
executed, are you showing all of the numbers?
2) If you run wireshark on the wire, does the IAX2 packet show all of the
numbers in the CALLED_NUMBER IE?

Also, you should know that in trunk, there is a much better way of
transmitting independent bits of data about the call, called IAXVARS.
We're presently looking at abstracting this into something a bit more
protocol independent, but that's the way it is presently.

--
Tilghman