[asterisk-users] Kirk IP600/3 Wireless Server SIP config

Tobias Wolf tobias.wolf at evision.de
Tue Oct 30 05:04:18 CDT 2007

Gordon Henderson schrieb:
> On Fri, 26 Oct 2007, Zoa wrote:
>
>> I would stay with DECT, the battery in WIFI devices only lasts a couple
>> of hours. (Unless you want to take the phone with you and use it on
>> public hotspots etc)
>
> The battery in my UT Starcom F1000G lasts several days, as does the one in
> my Nokia E90.

Sure, if i just leave the phone connected to Wi-Fi and PBX the battery
lasts really long, but with an heavy telephone user, the battery still
doesn't last more than 8 hours og speaking time, and to achieve that you
have to have 100% coverage.

The coverage of an Wi-Fi hotspot couldn't compete with the coverage of
an decent DECT base station.

But now to the reak issue of the OP.

I have had KIRK equipment for testing purposes, but we were disappointed
for several reasons:

a) Non-technical reason: They are too expensive for what you get!!
b) No distributed telephone book. If i have 128 Phones in the company, i
don't want to edit every phone by hand
c) No comfort noise. The mic of the Phone shuts off completly if you
don't speak. On the over site, people gets confused of the 100% silence
and they think the connection broke down.
d) Configuration is not really straight-forward.

But if you have KIRK equipment you should be able to call their support
to get you started, my test was some time ago, and i don't really know
any more what you have to do exactly to connect to asterisk, but it is
possible ;)

Regards

--

  Tobias Wolf

  Leiter Softwareentwicklung / Kommunikationslösungen

  Evision GmbH

  Wittekindstr. 105

  44139 Dortmund

  Tel: +49 (0)231 - 47790 307

  Fax: +49 (0)231 - 47790 500

  http://www.evision.de

This electronic mail transmission and any accompanying attachments
contain confidential information intended only for the use of the
individual or entity named above. Any dissemination, distribution,
copying or action taken in reliance on the contents of this
communication by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error
please immediately delete the E-mail and notify the sender at the
above E-mail address. Thank you.
Hövener & Trapp Evision GmbH, Dortmund - HRB Nr.12477, Registergericht
Dortmund - Geschäftsführer Christoph Begall