[asterisk-users] Mystery phone!

cb cb at mythtech.net
Mon Oct 29 23:13:39 CDT 2007

On Oct 29, 2007, at 5:35 PM, Kyle Sexton wrote:

> Does anyone know who really makes this phone:
>
> http://www.hybsys.bg/Products/VoIP/IP/Phones/5000/
>
> Large pictures are at the bottom:
>
> http://www.hybsys.bg/img/ipph/IP5000_1.jpg
> http://www.hybsys.bg/img/ipph/IP5000_2.jpg

I don't know who makes the above phone, but physically, it looks
nearly identical to the SBC 125 or SBC 225 <http://
www.sbcphonestore.com/SBC-Corded-Telephones/1-Line-Multifunction-
Caller-ID-Speakerphone-SBC-125-ii_2.html>

I have no idea if SBC makes their phone themselves or contract it out
to someone else. But going just off look, I'd think the SBC phone and
your mystery phone clearly have some part of the manufacturing
process in common, because it is definitely using the same shell.

I have access to a few of the SBC 120 (also the same case, but lacks
the little side panel for speed dial info), so if you really need to
know more, I can look for FCC numbers or other info to try to
determine who the ultimate manufacturer is for the SBC phone.

-chris
<www.mythtech.net>