[asterisk-users] Stuck Voicemails?

Matt mhoppes at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 13:41:29 CDT 2007

This question is about 1.2.x asterisk.  Please no flames, or "you should
upgrade to 1.4".

Does anyone know what might be the cause for 'stuck voicemail's in
1.2.6asterisk?  By stuck, I mean the phones show a voicemail, and if
you log in
you get "you have 1 new voicemail", and if you delete it it says 'deleted',
however it remains.   Going into the mail directory reveals that there is
either a msg0001.txt.tmp or a msg0001.txt file, but no associated wav file.

It happens very randomly, not often, and so far has eluded me being able to
figure out what causes it.

Why does this happen?