[asterisk-users] SIP multi Bindport

SIP sip at arcdiv.com
Mon Oct 29 12:06:23 CDT 2007

Gordon Henderson wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Oct 2007, Abdul wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Is it possible to have multi listening bindport  in asterisk?
>>
>> Now days mostly ISPs are Blocking the standard 5060 port so we want to
>> keep option if 5060 is blocked we can ask our customers to use another
>> port.
>>

> Really?
>
> What country?? What ISP?
>
> This isn't my experience in the UK .. (yet???)
>
> Gordon

Many of them do that in North America. We've had lots of trouble with
several providers: Time Warner, Rogers Cable, etc. What makes it more
insidious in some cases is that they don't block ALL port 5060 traffic
-- just INVITEs.  Makes it incredibly difficult to debug when REGISTER
messages come through just fine.. and options... and SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY.
But when you send an INVITE, it vanishes into the aether.

N.