[asterisk-users] Read back of caller ID

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Sun Oct 28 14:37:21 CDT 2007

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007, arkda wrote:

> I've been looking around for an example of a method of reading back a caller
> ID value, but I haven't found anything that doesn't use Festival. I'd rather
> not resort to the Mr. Roboto voice if I can avoid it.
>
> Playback of the numbers one at a time is perfectly fine, so I'd like to use
> the default female Asterisk voice (the sound files are in place on my
> server). Does anyone have an example of how to accomplish this?

SayDigits:

   -= Info about application 'SayDigits' =-

[Synopsis]
Say Digits

[Description]
   SayDigits(digits): This application will play the sounds that correspond
to the digits of the given number. This will use the language that is
currently set for the channel. See the LANGUAGE function for more
information on setting the language for the channel.

Gordon