[asterisk-users] E4 Superframe E&M?

Steve Totaro stotaro at first-notification.com
Sun Oct 28 14:11:16 CDT 2007

Steve Totaro wrote:
> Richard Lyman wrote:
>
>> Steve Totaro wrote:

>>> Thanks to everyone who has responded so quickly to my question.
>>>
>>> To my way of thinking, it would be better to have the legacy tie-line
>>> reconfigured to use esf if possible.
>>>
>>> Is D4 (superframe) well supported in Asterisk, are there less features?
>>>   If it is virtually the same, then I guess I will just setup Asterisk
>>> to use it rather than messing with the legacy system.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Steve
>>>

>> i need sleep that is for sure.
>>
>> the 1-32 for E4 stuff was meant to be for E1 stuff you can just increase
>> the channel count. (1-31)
>>
>> if possible, yes, because you get the added error information with ESF.
>>
>> using d4,ami with em signalling has worked for years for us (on 1.2).
>> i have not tested it with 1.4
>>
>> if i were you, i would 'test' the above settings first, then change to
>> ESF.  that way at least you will have something to fall back too.
>>

> Ok finally setting this up.  How do I debug since it is not PRI?
>
> I have a Sangoma card and four tie lines.  When i try straight through
> cables, I see the channels starting and stopping but no green light on
> card or solid light on proprietary system.
>
> Thanks,
> Steve

How to debug?  I have tried straight thru T1, crossover 1-4,2-5,
crossover 1-5,2-4, and em_w, em, master, slave, and every combination.
Strange thing is that when the CLI was reporting simple switch
open/closed is when the other end of the cable was just dangling in the
air!  I finally thought I was getting somewhere too.

Thanks,
Steve