[asterisk-users] OT: Managing wireless SIP phone congestion on AP

Michelle Dupuis support at ocg.ca
Sun Oct 28 14:17:01 CDT 2007

We are planning a very large Asterisk deployment, using Wifi SIP phones.
We've done installs using Spectralink and the SVP to manage congestion at
the access points, but we have a client that doesn't want Spectralinks.

Anyone have experience with an alternative congestion management (AP
association management ?) technology with Asterisk?  Anything open source
that I'm not aware of?  Any other protocols I'm not aware of?

Thanks,
MD